McCombie Group’s internship program provides enthusiastic candidates with an opportunity to break into this highly competitive industry and provides them with relevant experiences to speak confidently with future potential employers. In fact, nearly all of our former interns have successfully gone on to work at prestigious financial institutions, such as:
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Wells Fargo Securities
- RBC Capital Markets
- Guggenheim Partners
Applicants have the option to choose from either a three month or a six month internship. Please note that this unpaid internship is full-time (Monday to Friday, 8AM to 5PM), as a significant time commitment is needed to make an impact and to get the full benefit of what the program has to offer. Please submit your resume to: email@example.com.
Interns will primarily assist the firm’s partners with business development efforts, with the intent of generating qualified off-market investment opportunities. Additionally, there will be the chance to learn and participate in other aspects of the investment process. Key responsibilities include:
- Deal origination
- Develop industry-specific sourcing strategy.
- Proactively identify relevant business owners and well-networked industry professionals.
- Conduct company research to estimate likely size and potential.
- Digital marketing
- Utilize CRM-system analytics to improve outreach tactics.
- Run email marketing campaigns to keep top-of-mind with pre-existing relationships.
- Deal analysis
- Support partners with analyzing deals under consideration.
- Develop internal investment memorandums discussing the merits and risks of a prospective opportunity
While a baseline level of business acumen is expected, a positive attitude, with an ownership mentality, and a willingness to learn are of the utmost importance. Given the fast-paced and ambiguous nature of our work, this role is necessarily unstructured and requires the ability to independently play multiple roles on a small, flexible team. While the candidate may not have specific experience with many tasks, the firm is committed to providing on-the-ground guidance. Desired qualifications include:
- Hungry, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- “Common sense” judgment with good business intuition.
- Tenacity, creativity, and attention to detail to complete ambiguous tasks.